Akasha Academy offers a unique Basic Health Counsellor Training Program for women in the greater Suntakhan area. In a newly constructed training center, the course will begin as soon as possible in 2020.
- One-year program in basic medicine and health education inspired by the German vocational training system
- Part-time studies: approximately 4 hours per day, 6 days/ week
- Fees depending on individual financial situation (scholarships possible)
- Gain practical knowledge on basic health topics and learn how to teach others
- Get unique hands-on training in traditional eastern and western medical treatments and manual therapy
- Prepare for a job as community health counsellor or qualify for advanced medical training
- Study with international teachers from Nepal, Europe and the United States
Graduates will be able to…
… advise local people, government and schools on basic health issues: e.g. hygiene, women’s health, waste management, nutrition
… provide qualified health-related training and consulting
… work for local schools, government organizations, NGOs and others
Extract from the curriculum
The one-year program consists of 4 modules lasting one quarter each, including (among others) the following topics:
Basic medical education including anatomy, physiology, epidemiology, hygiene, Nepali health system, community health.
Intermediary medical education including diagnostics, massage and physiotherapy, healthy lifestyle, didactics.
Advanced medical education, women‘s health, nursery, diagnostics and treatment, business administration for health professionals, social mobilization.
Advanced medical education, mental and emotional health, community development and empowerment, community workshops and field studies.
Application and Admission
Applicants should be…
… receiving their School Leaving Certifiate (SLC) or have received it already
… living in greater Suntakhan area or able to continuously attend courses in Suntakhan
… interested in medicine and helping others
… motivated to share the acquired knowledge with the community in trainings and
… able to send an application in English via e-mail to email@example.com
… willing to have an interview with Admission Committee
Admission and further Information
If you are interested and wish to recieve further Information or to register please contact the Akasha Academy program management:
Phone: 981 8087 896
Admissions are open from the 1st of April 2020.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!